Working closely with Community Energy England and other Community Energy networks, the Next Generation programme is ensuring that all emerging materials, resources and learnings are made available to the whole community energy sector.
Introductory webinars: Establishing your Community Energy Organisation
This series of introductory webinars were delivered for prospective directors of CORE community energy organisations as part of the Next Generation project. They were principally aimed at new directors, though more seasoned practitioners may find them equally useful.
The Webinars were delivered by members of the Next Generation consortium, comprising a range of eminent organisations and practitioners all working in the community energy sphere including: the Centre for Sustainable Energy, Community Shares, Coops UK, Cooperative Futures, Everoze, the Low Carbon Hub, SFW Communications, and SASC.
Each webinar provides a short introduction to a distinct area of practice for community energy organisations. They sign-post key resources and provide a space for knowledge sharing between community energy organisations.
1. The Low Carbon Hub Model. Next Generation Community Solar Webinars
2. The Evolving Energy Market. Next Generation Community Solar Webinars
3. Introduction to Community Benefit Societies. Next Generation Community Solar Webinars
4. Introduction to Community Share Offers. Next Generation Community Solar Webinars
5. Developing an effective PR and Comms strategy. Next Generation Community Solar Webinars
6. Essentials of society management. Next Generation Community Solar Webinars
7. Developing a social and environmental impact strategy. Next Generation Community Solar Webinars
8. Managing a Community Benefit Fund. Next Generation Community Solar Webinars
Innovation Lab Webinars
The 11 organisations being supported through the Innovation Fund have all received funding to disseminate their project findings with the wider community energy sector as this is key to the Next Generation programme. There is more information on each project including case studies and videos on our Innovation Page.
We also support the groups to disseminate their findings through the Innovation Lab webinar series which we run in partnership with Community Energy England.
This webinar series provides an opportunity for groups within the Next Generation programme and the broader community energy sector, to present the innovative business models they are currently exploring.
Each webinar includes a short presentation followed by an interview and Q&A session. Recordings of previous webinars will be posted below.